• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help After the update from sprint

yes me too its fine they fixed more important issues rather than a green android lol, alteast we now have a "Update Android" button :) and the media player finally lists tracks in their true order

Nice, I made a thread about this before and only had a few replies offering fix suggestions, but it seemed like it was only me.

Now if I can only find a store that knows how to install the update. *sigh* :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Help!

Just had the update installed on my phone successfully at the North Bergen NJ Sprint store - since the update I can't get Android Market to download any programs (including my back up) so I can't get my stuff back up!

Anyone had this issue? I select the program in the Market, click install, but my queue keeps growing and everything just says ' starting download' - I'm on my wifi router so I know its got an internet connection.

HELP!

Upvote 0
Help!

Just had the update installed on my phone successfully at the North Bergen NJ Sprint store - since the update I can't get Android Market to download any programs (including my back up) so I can't get my stuff back up!

Anyone had this issue? I select the program in the Market, click install, but my queue keeps growing and everything just says ' starting download' - I'm on my wifi router so I know its got an internet connection.

HELP!

If your wifi network is password protected, and if you have not gone back into your wireless settings on the phone to re-enter your wifi password, you will want to do that. I had that problem after the upgrade. I restored from a backup and assumed that this re-installed all my settings. And the wifi looked as if it were connected -- the wifi icon was appearing as normal in the notification bar at the top of the screen. But I kept getting connection errors from the Market and, when I finally went into the wifi settings, I found that I needed to re-enter my password. I did so and now it is fine.

Upvote 0
Hmmn. Definitely not my experience. I have generally had no problem downloading from the market while connected to my home wifi network.

Yep, wifi wasn't the issue. I had to clear my cache based on Agent 00014's rec and its been flying since.

BTW - I have a weird sensation that my internet surfing in general is faster post the upgrade, though I may be crazy.

Upvote 0
did anyone else notice that the NFL Mobile Live app is now missing after the update? I'v e tried to reinstall it, by texting nfl to 7777, but the site keeps saying that the app was already on my phone.....even though it is not in by tray, or anywhere on the phone..did a search of the phone.

Anyone else have the same problem?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones