• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help After update; where are my ! ? and ' ???

jusdebbie

Feb 22, 2010
I use the phone keypad as my keyboard type. I am also a one handed texter. The update moved lots of keys around on the phone keypad. In order to type a ? or a ! or ' I have to hit the number 1, then the arrow down to show all symbols, and then click on the symbol. Is there a way to personalize what symbols are readily available on the front keypad page? As it stands now, ; , : and . are whats there. PLEASE help, i am unable to be as annimated as i like now!!!!!

I use the phone keypad as my keyboard type. I am also a one handed texter. The update moved lots of keys around on the phone keypad. In order to type a ? or a ! or ' I have to hit the number 1, then the arrow down to show all symbols, and then click on the symbol. Is there a way to personalize what symbols are readily available on the front keypad page? As it stands now, ; , : and . are whats there. PLEASE help, i am unable to be as annimated as i like now!!!!!

I text the same way and LOVED having ? and ! right there cause i would type like WTF!!! or ARE YOU COMING?????

but now, as u stated, you have to press 1 and select the single ? or !

ive messed with it for a while and sadly theres no easy way to have it the way u and i enjoyed before,....sorry mate.

Upvote 0
Lower right part of the keyboard has "12#" button, if you hit that it brings up what your looking for. Still have to hit the button but its better than the long press.

Yes but then you have to go between the pages to find ? and ! still, right? At least on mine i have to. Plus after you then have to go back to abc. Ah im so frustrated with this! Its like i cant have ease in showing personality in my texts anymore!!!

Upvote 0
Oh man, me too! I hate that they moved stuff around. Those buttons were perfect right where they were! I'm glad they moved the button that open the voice-to-text or touch input settings but this wasn't a fair trade :(

I tried looking into alternative keyboards but so far they've all been for full or compact qwerty only, not the phone keypad version.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones