• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help After update2.1 double contacts with SMS.

After the update to 2.1 i see all contacts double in SMS.
I tried Handcent, but the same problem.
In normal contacts it shows right, so only the contact from Google.
It looks like it also shows all contacts on the Simm card, even if i disable this.

On the Dutch forum there are more people with the same problem,
but no solution until right now.

Some one over here has the same problem??

I contacted HTC in regards to this issue.I got the following reply :

" At the moment There is no way to change this. This is an issue we have been getting reports on, and are looking in to."

They don't have to look in it, they should fix it asap.

Here in Holland they made a report and sent it to HTC.( i am curios what they will do with it??)

This update was two steps(OK ;) four steps) forward, and for a lot of troubles i still have(blue-tooth in the car still not working, my wife has a 100 euro phone and that one is working much better then this Hero)and six steps back.

I hope they coming soon with a fix for this and all the other problems.

Upvote 0
They don't have to look in it, they should fix it asap.

Here in Holland they made a report and sent it to HTC.( i am curios what they will do with it??)

This update was two steps(OK ;) four steps) forward, and for a lot of troubles i still have(blue-tooth in the car still not working, my wife has a 100 euro phone and that one is working much better then this Hero)and six steps back.

I hope they coming soon with a fix for this and all the other problems.

Agreed!
I just hope it wont be another year before we get an update, but honestly I wont't be holding my breath...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones