1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support After updating to ICS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lifesignz, Apr 7, 2012.

1. lifesignz

lifesignz Active Member

Mar 28, 2012
    After updating to ICS, is it advisable to do a factory reset, or is it not really necessary..?
    Also, do people really bother running security software on there A200's?
    I was running "Lookout" (before my last factory reset), but is it really needed?
    Cheers.

Advertisement

2. kenji57

kenji57 Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2011
    N/A
    I run AVG. So far the only threat it has found is when I leave the allow 'unknown sources' ticked in settings and once when I ran a script from XDA, (which they explained).
    I run AVG on my PC so I guess out of habit I installed it on my tablet, but hard to say if it is necessary.

I did a factory reset after updating to ICS because of problems I was having. It didn't fix the problems and I wouldn't say it is necessary.
    On the other hand, unless you have a lot of apps, passwords and accounts it is not a serious pain to start fresh and can't hurt.

3. lifesignz

lifesignz Active Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Cheers mate.
    I was going to put Lookout back on my tab, till I checked out some feedback on the market that put me off a little (draining cpu or battery power).
    Does AVG drain the cpu power or battery power much?

On a side note, have you had the 105mb update yet for your device (after ICS)...?
    Not much info around on what that update does / is..

4. kenji57

kenji57 Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2011
    N/A
    I don't think AVG is a drain. It never shows up in 'what's been using your battery'. I'm pretty happy with it and my A200 is getting awesome battery life with AVG running.

Yes I got the recent update to 4.0.3 but I don't know what it did. I can't see any changes and google search didn't give any info so I just trust Acer that it is a good thing.

5. lifesignz

lifesignz Active Member

Mar 28, 2012
    What AVG do you use mate, AVG free, AVG pro or AVG pro tablet...?