1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

aftermarket car stereos and the captivate...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by speedfreak32, Mar 8, 2011.

1. speedfreak32

speedfreak32 Well-Known Member

I am getting ready to buy a head unit for my truck. I want something with built in Bluetooth. I am looking for feedback on compatibility for phone calls and streaming music. Also what level of control should I expect from the head unit.

2. speedfreak32

speedfreak32 Well-Known Member

Didn't realize that a car stereo was an accessory...

3. robphelan

robphelan Member

check crutchfield.com for bluetooth compatible units for your truck... i bought a double DIN Clarion unit with streaming bluetooth was my biggest need.

comes in Friday..

4. kunzs m3

kunzs m3 Newbie

i have an alpine cda-9887 with the kce-300bt. the streaming works great, the sound quality is amazing. The call quality is not very good at all. The only controls are the same as a bt headset, play/pause track up and track down and volume.

5. robphelan

robphelan Member

i'd like to give an update on my Clarion double din head unit - it's the CX501 from crutchfield.

Pros:

• It works Great with my captivate. after pairing, it auto-connects every time I get in the truck. sound is good (I did upgrade to Infinity speakers and a powered sub, though).
    • It has a built in microphone, unlike most other units, so you don't have to mount it separately.
    • You can pause/resume and skip songs/podcasts from the headunit itself.
    Cons:

• it doesn't seem to maintain a bluetooth connection with my Galaxy tab 7" - this could very well be an issue with the tablet itself since it works flawlessly with my captivate
    • extensive menu options can seem overwhelming at first, but you get used to all the options
    • most color options will be washed out in bright sunlight
    Takeaway:
    I am very glad I bought the unit. The sound is good, especially after upgrading my speakers, and it has lots of options to customize your experience.

6. GaryS1964

GaryS1964 Member

I'm curious. Does voice dialing work with this setup? I've been told that voice dialing won't work with the Captivate until 2.3 is released. My audio system is built into my truck and I'm not going to replace it. So far I have not been able to find any product that will allowing voice dialing and work with my truck audio system. There are systems out there that do voice dialing through the vehicle audio system but none that work with the Captivate.

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews