• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Aftermarket firmware

Iowabucks

Apr 20, 2012
SE Iowa
Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to the smartphone scene. I just purchased a VM Motorola Triumph after using a Samsung Intercept for about a year. Thats the extent of my knowledge of smartphones.

I do like messing around with computers and do have mine overclocked.

I have read different terms regarding a phones firmware and want to learn more. I have a very basic knowledge of rooting and what it can do. Also read a little on custom Rom's, CM7 in particular.

I am thinking of going to CM7 and was just wondering what everyone elses opinion on what is the best one out there. Just trying to learn a little more and figure out which direction i want to go here.

If anyone has any links to anything that might be good reading for my decision making process, let me know.

Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to the smartphone scene. I just purchased a VM Motorola Triumph after using a Samsung Intercept for about a year. Thats the extent of my knowledge of smartphones.

I do like messing around with computers and do have mine overclocked.

I have read different terms regarding a phones firmware and want to learn more. I have a very basic knowledge of rooting and what it can do. Also read a little on custom Rom's, CM7 in particular.

I am thinking of going to CM7 and was just wondering what everyone elses opinion on what is the best one out there. Just trying to learn a little more and figure out which direction i want to go here.

If anyone has any links to anything that might be good reading for my decision making process, let me know.

the rom choice actually depends on you, if you want froyo b randon and some others make froyo roms, for gingerbread theres CM7, CM7-reloaded, and Miui, and for Ice cream sandwhich there is CM9(Alpha), and Miui

there are of course more im forgetting or havent listed but these are the main ones youll see around

If CM7 is what you are looking for then the CM7-Reloaded is what most people would suggest, i believe, has a bunch of small tweaks and fixes applied that i dont believe the regular CM7 has(altho i may be wrong, havent check regular cm7 change log in awhile)

Heres a link to scary aliens all things root for the motorola triumph, he basically made a one stop shop with links to all major threads, the threads for each rom will have specifics on those roms

http://androidforums.com/triumph-al...l-things-root-guide-updated-04-17-2012-a.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones