• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AGAIN Screen goes off when outside in sun

rag133

Nov 17, 2009
I am really getting sick of this phone. When I am outside and make a call, the screen refuses to stay on. This has happened since the start but was told the 2.1 update fixed this. I guess not. Today I called my voicemail, and when I tried to put in my password the screen went off. I hit the power button, it went on, then right off again. No way to keep it on besides running inside the house. All sensors are clear and I don't have any covers on the phone. This happens also when I try to end a call or hang up when a machine picks up. I cannot end the call, screen refuses to go back on and I cannot hit the hangup icon.

Also, the touch screen went dead yesterday and I had to reset the phone.

Is this screen issue common? Really ticks me off that it keeps happening.

Yes, but when you take it away from your ear and look at the screen it should go back on again so you can push the buttons if needed. It will flicker on but then go back off again. I hit power button, it goes on for a second then goes off when I try ti touch the screen. It has kept me on an answering machine once for 2 minutes when I tried to get the damn call to end.

Upvote 0
Do you have the brightness set to auto? Sometimes when I am in the sun it will go extremely dark. But also had similar problem with the sensor. When it goes off, try to press the power button and take your hand away from the screen. That dang sensor gets on my nerves at times.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones