1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General "Aging" Note 10.1 vs...everybody else

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BobBruff, Mar 14, 2016.

1. BobBruff

BobBruff Newbie
    None

Dec 8, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Greetings! I'm in the market for a tablet and wanted to get the opinion of those who have owned this tablet to see if someone were buying a tablet today should I consider this or should I look elsewhere. The Note 10.1 draws me in because of the S Pen functionality and suite of apps. I really like the idea of taking notes by hand via a stylus as well as being able to convert that writing to text. What other tablets can give this functionality? I went in to Best Buy and the Samsung guy there was talking up the Tab A because it's the only one there with the S Pen suite, but to me the Note 10.1 looks like just as good an option (if not better), especially if I can get one for around the same price.

Advertisement

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    We still like our Note 10.1 (2014), although the technologically-declined Darling Bride has forgotten how to use the S-pen functions :p

It's a great piece of gear, though... even though it's a little dated, it's still a solid performer.

BobBruff likes this.
  3. ADRz

ADRz Member
    None

Nov 19, 2011
    I think that the tablet is still very, very usable. It is fast, it has a much better resolution than equivalent Samsung tablets and the screen is simply gorgeous. It is also a solid performer. One reason that Samsung has not updated it is that it is really difficult to improve on it. Even a faster processor may be not that noticeable. A new version may be a tad lighter and it may have an AMOLED screen, although I do not know how much this screen can be improved.

BobBruff likes this.
  4. dontpanicbobby

VIP Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Male
    Boston MA USA
    The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) is a bit heavy but for in office note taking it's amazing. Not a bad media device either. It's still worth getting.

5. vulcangrey

vulcangrey Member
    None

Dec 14, 2011
    Male
    Colorado
    I just bought a Note 10.1 2014, because I couldn't find any of the newer tablets that I liked better. I immediately updated it to 5.1, and am very happy with it.

The_Chief likes this.