• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ah crap its christmas and my rooted V is not working

jenious

Lurker
Nov 9, 2011
Hey guys,

Went to turn my phone on to make some x-mas calls and it wont boot up.

I didnt the simplified root + recovery + rom as listed here about a month ago and everything has been going great.

This morning after having it plugged in the thing wont boot. It does absolutely nothing with the battery in and when i plug it in I can get as far s the IHO droid screen and sometimes to the swirling green bit.

Its running cyangonmod 7.1 or what have you if that helps.

I tried pressing down power, volue down, and home to get into a recovery mode or whatever it is but so far thats not working.

Id appreciate any help.

Call VM. They seem to be good about replacing the battery. Go back to the retailer if it's under there warranty.
One other thing: try charging that battery in you girlfriends phone. If the battery charges, use her charger. If the battery charges,swap cable. If the battery charges swap electrical charging end.
If the battery doesn't charge after swapping charger and cable(if the battery charged on her phone), then the charging port is bad. Exchange phone.
If the battery didn't charge after swapping cable, cable is bad.
If battery didn't charge after swapping the charging end, it's bad.

You have a rare chance to pinpoint exactly what is wrong.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones