1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Ah, thats my signal. Give it back!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by digitard, Nov 10, 2009.

1. digitard

digitard Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    My signal went to poop today. No biggie as I'll just get it swapped (and to be honest my first Blackberry, and 2 HTC's had the issue over the past few years) but bummer!

I'm not worried since so far I have LOVED this unit (and it works fine right now, but the sudden drop in signal to a constant 1 bar pretty much just has me long term worried).

Can't wait to get into the replacement and squash that off my 'oh noes' list.

On a side note: I'm getting pretty decent at the keyboard.

Advertisement

2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser

Nov 7, 2009
    Multi-platinum Rapper
    Illinois
    What does it say when you go into settings, about phone, status?

Can't always trust the bars. I may not get full bars sometimes, but I look at the signal and it's -65dB, which is a VERY strong signal.

3. digitard

Nov 2, 2009
    Right now I'm sitting at work with 1 bar and my Signal Strength is at -95 dBm

4. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser

Nov 7, 2009
    Multi-platinum Rapper
    Illinois
    Ah, that's a pretty weak signal. Still, it would've gotten you 3 bars on the BlackBerry, lol.

My Tour considered -80dB to be the perfect signal, and I had never seen a higher signal until I got the Droid. Imagine my surprise when sitting in the exact same spot, I had -59dB.

Anyways, hope your replacement fixes the issue (and does not introduce any new ones).

5. digitard

Nov 2, 2009
    In the long run I'm not worried. After working in the industry for 5yrs I know there's "early batch" risks with this kind of stuff. So I know to take it with a grain of salt so to speak.

So I'm going to change it out either tomorrow or Thursday and I'll do a signal performance test once I get it.