• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help aHome constant FC - Can't boot!!

mikey517

Nov 19, 2009
Is there a way to boot into my Eris Safe Mode? When trying to turn on my phone last night, I get a force close pop up telling me aHome has stopped working, "Sorry"... I've been searching since midnight for a way to start Safe Mode, or a step by step of what to do in recovery mode.
I have a stock Eris on 2.1 OTA, 1.47 bootloader, and I do NOT have root - TOO CHICKEN!! Is a Factory Reset my only alternative?

Is there a way to boot into my Eris Safe Mode? When trying to turn on my phone last night, I get a force close pop up telling me aHome has stopped working, "Sorry"... I've been searching since midnight for a way to start Safe Mode, or a step by step of what to do in recovery mode.
I have a stock Eris on 2.1 OTA, 1.47 bootloader, and I do NOT have root - TOO CHICKEN!! Is a Factory Reset my only alternative?

Well, if its only aHome that FC's, just uninstall and reinstall it.

Upvote 0
Well, if its only aHome that FC's, just uninstall and reinstall it.
I would if I could get the pone started. I'm now in a constant loop...nothing boots except the popup. I'm hoping to get into a safe mode - like Windows, then I can get rid of aHome.....but I'm stick on a black screen with the pop up...over and over and over......

..and I'm pretty dumb when it comes to this Android thing!!

Upvote 0
I would if I could get the pone started. I'm now in a constant loop...nothing boots except the popup. I'm hoping to get into a safe mode - like Windows, then I can get rid of aHome.....but I'm stick on a black screen with the pop up...over and over and over......

..and I'm pretty dumb when it comes to this Android thing!!

Just root... You wont regret it. Theres no safe mode in android. And technically speaking if ahome fc's then you should boot into sense, otherwise theres something else going on.

Plus you cant do anything helpful in recovery mode without root. If you're insane and for some reason dont want to root for whatever reason, then enter recovery, hold power and the volume up key, then scroll to wipe data or whatever it says.

Reactions: mikey517
Upvote 0
Thanks guys...I ended up doing a full reset.

I would only want to root for WiFi tethering and to clear out some of the bloatware I'll never use and gain a bit smoother performance. Other than that, I'm not that much of a power user or smart enough to handle access to the inner workings of my phone; just look what I did trying to customize with aHome.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones