1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Aim app always open!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dakingraja, Dec 20, 2009.

1. dakingraja

dakingraja Lurker

Dec 5, 2009
    The AOL INSTANT MESSENGER (AIM) app is always open for some reason.. I see the Icon on the notification bar and it never goes away, even when I sign out of aim.. This is keeping my awake time at 50%.. Besides rebooting does anyone have a fix for this.. I dont download 3rd party task managers and apps because they seem to slow down the performance of the hero.. I think partiallly because it skipped the 1.6 and cupcake builds.. However there is an internal task manager (Applications>Manage apps> Menu/filter by running) but a force stop here seems not to fix the problem... HELP!!!

Advertisement

2. shizzy1427

shizzy1427 Android Enthusiast

Nov 22, 2009
    CVS Photolab Technician
    Toms River, NJ
    I used to use the HiAIM Messenger as well and noticed the same thing. I could find a way to mae the icon not show in the notifications bar but the application still runs, so I switched to meebo I'm as my instant m/essengeing app. It can handle multiple accounts from all different instant messewngerd and has a clean UI, I like it much better than the one you're using now

3. dnutpub

dnutpub Lurker

Jan 20, 2010
    I understand this isn't the solution were looking for, but it is a solution. I sign into my aim account with my desktop (on ichat) and it immediately prompts me..."you are signed in on another device...if you want to sign out of it...type the number 1 and reply". This will lose the icon on your Hero status bar.

4. lekky

lekky Lover

Use startup auditor to block it from running. It doesn't slow down the phone.

Tags: