• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ainol have rooted but need to unroot

snappy1274

Lurker
May 2, 2013
I recently bought the ainol hero 2 10.1 tablet and it has arrived already rooted. Im told by the seller that it has to be rooted to work in the uk. Problem is I bought this specifically to use sky go and bt sport apps. Neither of which work on a rooted tablet. Can I unroot my tablet and still have it working in the uk or am I stuck with it being rooted.

You can unroot it - or you can return it, since the seller sold you a tablet with a violated warranty (which probably voids the sale - I don't know the laws in the UK, but common law would require that the seller sells you an item that comes with the full factory warranty) and buy one that's not rooted. "It has to be rooted to work in the UK" was the lie he came up with to explain why he sold you what is probably a used, and not-fully-working, tablet.

You might also wish to speak to a solicitor first,to see if you're owed any monetary damages by the seller.

Upvote 0
Hello Rukbat, you say 'You can unroot it ' but you don't say how. Could you do this please? I have bought a second hand Ainol Novo 10 hero tablet that is apparently rooted using CyanogenMod 10 - 20121220. This prevents me from watching Skygo in the UK. I need to undo the root without killing the tablet.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones