• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Air purifier with android app control ?

legendkiller

Apr 28, 2014
I am suffering from Asthma and birch pollen allergy ever since I moved into my new apartment .

I was looking online for suitable air purifiers and came across this $200 Honeywell's android Bluetooth air purifier http://www.honeywellcleanair.com/air-purifiers/bluetooth/ which can be controlled using an android app .

I am curious whether there are actually any users out there and if it is effective enough ?

The other one I have in mind is this Clair TD1866 http://go-clair.com/ in the same price range $200 recommended by my GP but it doesn't come with the sensor controls or Android app but I guess it removes airborne allergens smaller than 0.1 micron whereas the Honeywell air purifier can remove upto 0.3 micron (I guess its negligible and 0.2 micron here and there wouldn't make a difference right ? )

This forum has tech savvy users so I'd like to know what you think ??

To be honest I don't think that a bluetooth enabled air purifier with an app would be any better than a normal room air purifier .

I went through both the links you shared . That Honeywell bluetooth air purifier comes with pre filters which you'll have to change every 3 or 4 months and this will only add to the maintenance cost and I guess you'll have to clean the filter by washing it periodically . The only thing you could probably do with the app is control the speed of the fan. Ideally you should be able to leave it on at high speed setting (maximum cleaning capacity) when you are not at home since most of the air purifiers tend to get very noisy in the high speed setting mode.

On the contrary the Clair TD1866 looks like a more realistic model . Filter life seems to be longer than that of an average air purifier. I'm afraid you are being a bit ignorant when you mentioned that 0.2 micron wouldn't make any difference . The virus which causes influenza is 0.1 micron meaning an air purifier which has a capacity of capturing virus this small is more efficient at capturing airborne allergens and virus as compared to one which is limited to 0.3 micron .

Upvote 0
Thanks for the input . I wasn't aware that just few microns would make a lot of difference.

I think I got carried away by the extra features of the Honeywell air purifier and overlooked the main reason for which I want an air purifier in the first-place. At the end of the day irrespective of design and all the extra features it all comes down to practicality and use of a gadget in our day to day life and in this respect I think the Clair air purifier scores better .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones