• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Airline Pilot Logbook

The main reason I use LBP was it was a way to sync from my Palm device and then print. LBP has a program called APDL(Airline Pilot Daily Log) that is palm based software. APDL will import the schedule from many airlines.

Ok, looks like a lot of intelliPilot users are coming from APDL/LBP. A lot of pilots have requested an airline schedule import feature, but there are a lot of formats to support, so it is likely to be a post v1.0 feature. Initially, we'll support Google Calendar format plus 1-2 popular schedule formats.

BTW, what schedule format do you use?

When you flew the trip you could compare actual to scheduled. Then when you got home you could sync to your PC and the data would sync into LBP. From LBP I could then easily print a standard Jeppeson style Master Log for my hard copy. I dumped my palm phone and came over to the droid.

Sycning, printing and reporting are some key features we don't have yet, and these are best delivered via a companion product.

Do you use the LBP cloud sync services, or just desktop sync?

I saw a FO the other day that still had his Palm Centro for APDL and had the EVO for his phone. He now has Intellipilot on his EVO.

Oh, great! Thanks.

If you created a PC version of Intellipilot and had options for printing, that would be great. You would need to have print templates for the standard and master logbooks to make things easy for the end user. The templates should be customizable or we should be able to create our own.

We don't have a PC version planned yet, but a cloud version will covers the syncing and reporting aspects.

Upvote 0
I only used the desktop sync from my Palm to LBP.

APDL had a PC stand alone program to import schedules from many different airlines. I would copy the schedule from CCS and then paste it into APDL Schedule Importer. The next time I sync my palm the new schedule would be in APDL. I used it until I changed over to an android phone. I would not have paid the $9.95/month or the $75/year for the online importer they have now.

I fly for CAL soon to be United. Not sure if we are going to use our CCS system or whatever United has once the merger is complete.

Now I am fully using Intellipilot and importing to LBP. It's working wonderful!!!

-------------
I started to paste a 4 day pairing on here for you to see what a schedule might look like... but it has all the emp. numbers and info for pilot and flight att. in the pairing.

Upvote 0
I only used the desktop sync from my Palm to LBP.

APDL had a PC stand alone program to import schedules from many different airlines. I would copy the schedule from CCS and then paste it into APDL Schedule Importer. The next time I sync my palm the new schedule would be in APDL. I used it until I changed over to an android phone.

Ok. Yes, to be able to import schedules is a great convenience.

I would not have paid the $9.95/month or the $75/year for the online importer they have now.

Just curious ... If we have a cloud version that allows you to sync, enter/modify/enquire flights and other details, print logbook, run reports/graphs, etc, would you be willing to pay a small yearly fee (single-digit $) for that?

Now I am fully using Intellipilot and importing to LBP. It's working wonderful!!!

Good to know it all works fine. Do you use much of the LBP reports/graphs? What are the key reports you need?

I started to paste a 4 day pairing on here for you to see what a schedule might look like... but it has all the emp. numbers and info for pilot and flight att. in the pairing.

Maybe you can email us directly with any sensitive details removed.

Upvote 0
Hi Lenchan, Just started using intellipilot beta v0.5.2. I am liking your log book so far. A couple of comments for you. I am using the acer 10.1" iconia. Flying commercially in Australia. In the past I have been using Captains Keeper for Palm which has a sync to widows based electronic log book, it has been very good but palm is now dead.

The on the flight entry page the tick boxes do not line up with the writing (Sch? ...) above.

When adding a flight could there be another button called "LEG" as well as "Add a flight". When the "Leg" is pressed the flight details page could come up with details of the previous flight; the same aircraft reg, tick boxes, crew, the to airport info could be transferred into the from airport box, trip id.

Keep up the good work
Jon

Upvote 0
Hi Lenchan, Just started using intellipilot beta v0.5.2. I am liking your log book so far. A couple of comments for you. I am using the acer 10.1" iconia. Flying commercially in Australia.

Hi, fellow Aussie :)

The on the flight entry page the tick boxes do not line up with the writing (Sch? ...) above.

Yes, we're aware of the issue, albeit a minor one. intelliPilot works pretty well on Honeycomb 3.0 (some of the internal changes made in v0.5.1 were specifically for Honeycomb compatibility), however, intelliPilot is not optimised for tablets yet, so the much increased real estate is not exploited.

When adding a flight could there be another button called "LEG" as well as "Add a flight". When the "Leg" is pressed the flight details page could come up with details of the previous flight; the same aircraft reg, tick boxes, crew, the to airport info could be transferred into the from airport box, trip id.

Have you checked out the context actions available from the Flight List? You can pick an existing flight, long press and then choose to add the next leg, a return flight, a flight with same crew, etc. Full online documentation is available from the app.

Upvote 0
Ok. Yes, to be able to import schedules is a great convenience.

Just curious ... If we have a cloud version that allows you to sync, enter/modify/enquire flights and other details, print logbook, run reports/graphs, etc, would you be willing to pay a small yearly fee (single-digit $) for that?

Yes, I would definately be interested in something like that. There is a program out now for the Iphone(I think called ILog) that can log on to our company computers and download your schedule, photos of fellow crew members, and also dial the hotel or shuttle that is on your schedule.

Good to know it all works fine. Do you use much of the LBP reports/graphs? What are the key reports you need?

I mainly just use one function and that is printing for my Master Log hard copy. I also do a quick review before medicals so I can fill out the flight time correct on the Medical application form.

Maybe you can email us directly with any sensitive details removed.

I will do that... I think I still have your email from when we were working on the screen for Sense on the EVO.

Upvote 0
For myself and i'm guessing others not in the airline industry I don't know departure and arrival times, i just log the date and then durations manually.

Ideally I'd just like to be able to enter the date of the flight and the flight times manually and not have the time component within that field. If this doesn't work could you add an option to make the auto fill work the other way so instead of entering an arrive time and have it fill out the duration automatically let me add the duration and it fill out the arrive time automatically.

Custom field would be good to so i can add NVD (night vision device) flight time and NVD landings

On a less important notes check the spelling of autocomplete under settings -> flight preferences -> set airport autocomplete

Upvote 0
Approaches - you have a lot listed, it would be nice if they could be personalised, I don't do half the approaches listed but I do a couple of approaches not listed.

Default leg departure time - extra option arrival time plus 30min, or pilot nominated.

Duty time - It would be good if the Duty start could be on one entry (First flight of day) and the duty end on another entry (Last of day). Maybe this could be used on the summary page for a days flying. Would be useful when flying is over 2 UTC days. Another way of fixing that problem on the summary page could be to put in a default UTC midnight.

Upvote 0
hello all,
i also think a descent digital pilot log would be a winner.
i am waiting for mccpilot og for long to open the android app, but its taking for ever.

the main features for me should be:
-possibility to upload scedule, and just edit actual times.
-sync possibility (android phone froyo-android tablet honeycomb-windows comp.)
-print possibility layout as prof. pilot log.
-STABILITY

the first is goanna get lots of customers..!

Upvote 0
NC Software is proud to announce the immediate availability of Logbook Pro for Android. Click here to view details on the Android Market.

unfortunately i found this LBP app not so user friendly and they charge $20 a year which is a bit steep in my opinion.

If Intellipilot continues to develop into a nice standalone solution, I'll stick with it!

Upvote 0
Hi, I am a new user of Intellipilot and I am finding it pretty useful. But I am finding one hindrance. If the airport is not in database, the log cannot be created as it says "FROM/TO airport is not valid". I am an airline pilot in India flying to destinations like VOBL, VOTK, etc. which are not present in database. Kindly fix this or allow customized entry which is not restricted by the database.

Thanks & congratulations for good work!

Upvote 0
If the airport is not in database, the log cannot be created as it says "FROM/TO airport is not valid". I am an airline pilot in India flying to destinations like VOBL, VOTK, etc. which are not present in database. Kindly fix this or allow customized entry which is not restricted by the database.

I have already responded via email. You can go into the Airport database, and do Menu->Add Airport.

Reactions: loks07
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones