• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Airplane Mode only when Unlocked?

Pintbomb

Lurker
Feb 7, 2012
I had a thought regarding airplane mode and wondered if anyone knew if it could be done. Basically, is there a way to make enabling/disabling Airplane Mode only accessible when the phone is unlocked?

Let's say you know your phone is about to be confiscated (police, principal, etc.) and you don't want them knowing you are getting texts, seeing text previews, being able to answer calls, etc. which can be done even without unlocking the phone.

I figured it might make sense to simply enable Airplane Mode, thus disabling all that stuff while still appearing like the phone is "on" to whoever took it. Someone clever enough to realize this could easily disable Airplane Mode from the lock screen though.

Besides turning the phone off, if you have a SIM card password, is there a way around this?

I have an LG Optimus G, although it wasn't meant to be a phone-specific question. Assuming previews are disabled when locked, blocking incoming calls would be the application. I'm sure there is some app out there that can disable calls somehow, but since airplane mode is already included I figured there might be some way to use it to block calls if you know someone else will have your phone.

Admittedly not a super often thing to deal with, but just curious what one would do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones