• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Airplane Mode

bbshriver

Aug 18, 2010
Quick question. I'm thinking of setting tasker to turn my phone on airplane mode when I set it face down. Right now it goes into silent mode, and disables sync, but I like to be able to flip it over to check for messages and such from time to time.
I corrected the 50% problem, but it still shows cell standby as 39% of battery drain so it seems like setting it to airplane mode would give me a lot longer battery life during most of the work day when I don't need it anyway. Since I have it on silent mode when face down I don't hear incoming calls anyway so I won't miss anything.

Is there any disadvantage to airline mode other than the slight delay to wait for it to get network back?

Yep, since it's on silent I don't know any of those things are happening anyway. I guess there's a delay for all the sync to catch up when I flip it. I was mostly wondering if this would have an adverse affect on battery life when it comes back up.
Basically it's just a more convenient way of turning my phone off...

Upvote 0
Should be fine... I use airplane mode all the time when I fly, so no biggie.

But if you're so worried about battery life, just keep a charger at your desk, and leave it on. That way it can keep syncing and you can see missed calls. If it's on airplane mode it won't show you missed calls when you turn it back on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones