• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
It appears its the WiFi. I'm still connected to my network in airplane mode. With the Incredible, even connected to WiFi the data network is down, and I would not receive email or be able to connect to the internet.

Maybe you have a pp that's turning it back on?

I know on my Dinc. it turned everything off but you could manually turn specific things (like wiFi) back on.

Edit: Just tested and WiFi turns off when I go to Airplane mode.

Upvote 0
It appears its the WiFi. I'm still connected to my network in airplane mode. With the Incredible, even connected to WiFi the data network is down, and I would not receive email or be able to connect to the internet.

I believe this is a feature in some of the newer phones (I'm pretty sure my TBolt had it)... It is so you can use the WiFi on a plane and not have to leave airplane mode, since the WiFi doesn't effect the planes equipment it is kept on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones