1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Alarm App tips!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 9to5cynic, Sep 6, 2011.

1. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

Disclaimer: I am rooted, running CM7, a 'pure' android version. I think this will still apply to all you sense folks out there ;) Feel free to move this thread if this doesn't apply to stock sense users, I think it would, at least conceptually ;)

Vibrate no more!

You're an android user. You're sophisticated. You're an adult, and you don't need the vibration feature on your alarm.

Open the "Clock" app, click the alarm and press and hold your alarm (assuming you've set on up).

Now, you can "Turn off", "Edit", or "Delete".

These are pretty obvious huh?

Edit is where we need to go...

Here you see if the alarm is on, the time, days it is set to go off on, the ringtone (try the rooster lol) and vibrate!!! Right there, un check that and you're good to go.
    Automate Apps (sort of)

You can use the Alarm to open apps for you!
    ----
    Say you want to check for updates every monday at 4:00 PM, sure you can have updates pushed to you via the market, but that's not as fun.

Set up a new alarm, (Add Alarm) Choose 4PM and set repeat to Monday, ringtone to silent, vibrate to off, and app to "Market"

Sure, you'll have to manually check for updates, but you won't have to remember to. ;)

I'm sure there is a feature for the "labels" that can be applied to alarms, I just haven't seen it yet. ( I suppose it's useful if you have an alarm for 'school days','week days', 'work days', 'weekends', and for various other tasks (say a monthly task)

There you go, some features of the alarm program you may not have been familiar with.

ocnbrze likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

thanx that is some good info. i never new about that feature for alarms.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews