1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

alarm clock after 2.2 update?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Zimpo, May 16, 2011.

1. Zimpo

Zimpo Newbie

I've an odd issue, and I'm wondering if anyone else has run into it.

I updated with the OTA 2.2 software, and now if I try to use an alarm, it sets it for the day of the week that I already am on. For example, if I'm setting the alarm on a Wednesday afternoon, and for repeat I have selected 'Once only', it doesn't set it for *Thursday* at say 8:00 am, but rather NEXT Wednesday, at 8:00 am. A week later. I don't see how to change the day anymore either. Am I just being an idiot and missing something obvious, or are other people having a similar issue?

TIA.

Tim

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. GoBruins

GoBruins Well-Known Member

Thats normal for 2.2... yes the alarm app has changed from 2.1 to 2.2.

In order to set your alarm for the next day at the same time, you also have to switch the day. I know its a terrible hassle.

I solved this issue by getting a different alarm app program. My phone is rooted and use AOSP's alarm app...

Zimpo likes this.
  3. Zimpo

Zimpo Newbie

I don't see how to switch it for another day. I got gentle alarm when it was free on amazon, so I guess I'll just be using that! Thanks for the reply.

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews