1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Alarm clock app recommendations

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by honesnbones, Jul 27, 2011.

1. honesnbones

honesnbones Lurker
    None

Jul 27, 2011
    I was looking for a alarm clark with the following specifications: 2 - 3 separate alarms that would go off at the allotted time and then shut off, without intervention, in ~5 minutes & not repeat itself.
    Any recommendations?
    Thanks

Advertisement

2. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Android Expert
    None

Feb 26, 2010
    Verizon Wireless Sales, Traveling Musician
    ive used an app called "gentle alarm" ever since I got android about a year and half ago, and it's GREAT!

it can do what you're asking for plus my favorite feature is a setting that will slowly fade in an alarm (i used music, it picks a random song out of the 4,000 or so i have on there)
    you can have a specific alarm schedule as well, (set it to play only on certain days of the week) which is what i do for work, so i never even have to set my alarm! it knows not to go off on my days off.
    there is also a setting to reduce the snooze time each time you press it by whatever number you want. in other words if you reduce by 5 min for example and your first snooze is 20 minutes, then the first time you hit snooze it will be 20 min, the next 15 min, the third time 10min, etc.
    there is also a safe alarm if you wish to enable it which will play a loud, obnoxious alarm if you sleep through the normal one.
    you can also do a "quick alarm" which i use for napping. you can either set an alarm on a timer "in hh/mm" or at a spefic time "at hh/mm"

All these things are OPTIONAL and everything is super customizable!

the app is only 2.99 and well worth it in my opinion!

3. Szadzik

Szadzik Android Expert
    None

Feb 15, 2010
    Male
    FAS Admin
    Caynax Alarm and AlarmDroid are my two favourites.

4. shauny13

shauny13 Android Expert

May 24, 2010
    Male
    Beautiful Dorset
    +1 for gentle alarm. Never had any problems with it

5. maggieo

maggieo Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 31, 2011
    Thanks for the info on Gentle Alarm! Can anyone confirm if you can set an alarm for a fixed date in the future - Like to go off on August 22nd at 10:14 a.m.? This is critical for me.. Also, I assume you can set several alarms, right? Thanks very much.. I have seen others write good things about this Alarm - but I haven't seen the "fixed date" thing which is critical for me.

Thank you .