• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Alarm clock auto snoozing

It happened to me again this morning and I was almost late for work. I have been using my phone alarm for the past 5 or 6 years and never had a problem. The Commando is my first android phone, and while I do like a lot of the features, I am missing my Boulder, and Rock. This phone does strange things, things a regular phone just would not do. A few times I have received a call while on the cradle, I pick it up and the whole screen goes blank and does like a partial reboot. Then I have no record of the call, it does not show up in the call log.

It seems that most of the problems I am exeriencing are happening when it's in the desk cradle. I may start charging it at night by plugging it in. Sucks to have spent $30 for nothing, but it's now to the point where the phone is unreliable. Maybe I should have gone with the iPhone....:mad:

Upvote 0
I have narrowed my problem down to the desk cradle. When I plug my phone into the regular charger the alarm works fine, and works fine when not charging as well. It has something to do with the desk cradle app in my case. I guess I won't be using that anymore. I'll have to find a way to use it in my vehicle for now....

Upvote 0
mine does not do the text message bit. I do have cradle bugs though. today it did its first ever cradle auto snooze after months of using a cradle. Only thing I did different this time was use the cradle programs soft keys to adjust the volume after it was in the cradle. I usualy set it in the cradle unlocked, wait until the cradle app comes up, and tap the dimmer button. mine only spends about 30 minutes in the cradle before its alarm goes off, more of a "half way there" alarm than a "wake up" my phone is never charging when the wake alarm comes, I don't leave electronics on the charger for the fun of it and mine never takes more than an hour to charge per day.

Another bug I have, I dont have a key screen lock set on mine as they are only useful for about 12 seconds in a shop of nerds like me and i just dont see it useful. my slide lock is set for 1:30 mins. i unlock my phone before I put it in the cradle and after a 1:30 of course its locked. to unlock it though i cant just tap areas on the screen, I have to tap the search soft key, then I can slide unlock, then back out of Bing (that I never use anyhow) then I can shut off my alarm or answer texts. honestly if vlingo in car could operate my alarm clock function I would just leave that on, it works amazing in the cradle with voice activation.

Upvote 0
This is happening to me when the phone is in the cradle. I know this is an old post, but have you found a fix for this? What do you mean by screen lock on? Is the solution to disable the screen lock? It locks itself after a set period in the cradle.
Not sure if it will be helpful but try keeping your screen awake when charging --MENU-SETTINGS-APPLICATIONS-DEVELOPMENT-STAY AWAKE. This will let you keep your screen from locking whenever your phone is charging Dock or Usb.

Upvote 0
Ok, it's not the cradle. I quit using the cradle after my last post here. This morning I snoozed my first alarm, dismissed my second alarm. Then as I'm brushing my teeth the third alarm goes off. Within 2 seconds it stops. Notification comes up in the status bar saying alarm silenced after however many second. Wtf....

Upvote 0
Ok, tried not using the cradle, still auto snoozes.
Tried off setting my three alarms: alarm 1 - 6:00 with 5 min snooze
Alarm 2 - 6:06 w/5 min
Alarm 3 - 6:13
I was thinking when the 1st alarm would come back on from being snoozed by me, that it was having conflict and auto snoozing both. But nope, still goes into auto snooze.

Anyone find any resolve?

Upvote 0
My phone seemed fine for 5 or 6 months then started doing stupid things. Yes the auto snooze is one of them. I am on my 4th phone thanks to Verizons warranty program but they all do the same. I didn't notice so many problems until I started using the dock? Coincidence? The alarm works most of the time when plugged in direct to the power supply. When on dock it auto snoozes or just cancels. Not good. It also locks up if someone calls me when on dock, it can't be answered, sometimes rings constantly until I pull out the batt. It also leaves no history of missed call? I get the force quit screen often too. It rings in my pocket and when I grab it out it has already answered the call? Gets really hot once in a while and the batt dies, nothing seems to be running. I dial a saved contact and another one answers? Even changes the saved number to the contact who answers? I am a simple user. Never got or sent a text, photo or email, EVER. Only ap I installed is Pandora. Like I said, 1st phone seemed okay except for the slight random jam but after 5 months and a dock try they are all doing bad stuff?

I bought this for the waterproof and shock features. That seems okay but the camera sucks. The screen is touchy getting it too take commands and now it is very undependable. Seems like they did a software upgrade or change and now it sucks. Maybe a way for users who liked it to change up to another phone? They do need to sell phones you know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones