• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Alarm Clock Icon?

Kaleb Randleaxe

Android Enthusiast
Mar 19, 2010
Michigan
Is there a way to make the alarm clock icon go away in the notification bar? I'm big on minimalism, so I try and have as few icons up there as possible. I have alarms set every day, and I see no need to have an icon up there to remind me. Trust me, being woken up that early every day is reminder enough. :p

EDIT: For what it's worth, I'm running NexTheme on my rooted 2.1.

Just as a prelude, I'm on the leaked 2.2. After reading this article:
Download: New Desk Clock, Fixes “Set Alarm” Voice Action | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
I was like, "cool, voice actions, I want those." I installed the apk and it was like Clock and the blur Alarm and Timer were having an icon fight in my notifications bar. Clock seems to take priority as to whether or not there is an icon, since I had to have an alarm set in Clock otherwise there was no icon even if I had an alarm set in A&T. The A&T actually has the increasing volume feature that I want (see, sometimes blur is OK after all), so I wiped out Clock and now the icon is back full time. Just an FYI.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones