1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

alarm clock on lockscreen?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by solistus, Aug 16, 2012.

1. solistus

solistus Lurker

I recently moved from my Optimus V running CM7 to this Evo V running Harmonia. I love the new phone so far, but I'm a bit noobish when it comes to Android UI customizations and completely new to Sense UI, so I'm not sure how to fix this:

On my old phone, when I set an alarm, the lockscreen would show the date and time of the next upcoming alarm. On my new phone, it doesn't. I've tried a few different alarm-setting apps, and none of them put anything on the lockscreen or have any settings options to do so.

Simply put: how can I get that alarm info to show up on my lockscreen?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kevindroid

kevindroid Android Expert

you may want to look into third party lockscreens. widgetlocker go locker some allow for many customizations. hope this helps you

solistus likes this.
  3. solistus

solistus Lurker

Cool. So this would purely be a matter of the lockscreen I'm using, right, and not the alarm app itself? Alarms get registered at the system level, some lockscreens have the feature to ask the system when the next one is and display that info, but my current one does not - is that about right?

4. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

You can also put the phone into dock mode and the alarm clock will be available.

5. kevindroid

kevindroid Android Expert

would dock mode keep the screen on and chew up battery life. when the lockscreen will turn on on command.