1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Alarm Clock problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by King James, Nov 7, 2009.

1. King James

King James Active Member

Jul 21, 2009
    photographer
    had a problem with my alarm clock this morning. It went off @ one of the alarm times I have (although I could swear it wasn't checked to be on for today) But then I could not shut it off. tried hitting nearly ever button both physical and virtual and the damned alarm wouldn't stop. I eventually just shut it off and turned it back on and that did the trick.

Anyone else encounter this? or did I miss a step in how to turn alarm off???

Advertisement

2. chris.h

chris.h Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    In alarm settings you can have the side button set to either snooze or dismiss the alarm. I just pressed dismiss on the screen when my alarm went off though.

3. King James

King James Active Member

Jul 21, 2009
    photographer
    For whatever reason the side button doesn't work if it is out of the dock. Try setting an alarm for a minute from now, then if it were to go off in your pocket and you accidentally hit the back button so the snooze/dismiss is no longer up..... then there is no way to turn the alarm off without sliding down the top menu and bringing back of the snooze/alarm thing.... there should be a button to hit that ends it....just like you can end a ringer by hitting the volume button.

4. Ace Ventura

Ace Ventura Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I turn mine off with the external volume keys. First morning I almost went crazy trying to shut it up!

5. Holland

Holland Member

Oct 30, 2009
    I have had a similar bug happen once. I set a one time use alarm, it went off fine and unchecked itself. But the next day the alarm went off again in freakout mode. I also had to pull the battery to get it to stop. Now if i make a single alarm i just make sure to delete it completely the next day. Its not that much of a hassle other then the alarm going off at 4:30am when you plan to sleep in