1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Alarm clock question (black box instead of white?)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by barnsley, Feb 8, 2011.

1. barnsley

barnsley Lurker

Hi, just a quick question. I've had my desire for around a year and used the built in alarm clock with no problems but tonight when i've come to set it the boxes are black instead of white.

By that I mean that the boxes on the left hand side of the alarm screen which have the times in them are black, well when I set it they are. I'm trying to set the alarm for 5:50am tomorrow and every time I set it for that time the box goes black, if I set it for 6am it goes white.

Any idea what this is? I've never noticed it before and I don't want to risk missing my alarm in the morning if it doesn't go off.

Cheers

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. formicae

formicae Member

Numbers are black for alarms that take place at 'night.'

White for the others.

3. barnsley

barnsley Lurker

That sounds pretty simple lol will it still work then?

4. formicae

formicae Member

So long as you don't have a rare disorder that prevents you from hearing alarms in the dark, of course it will still work.

5. barnsley

barnsley Lurker

That reply made me giggle a little bit (i'm very childish).

For some reason though it didn't go off. Fortunately I was awake anyway but the alarms I'd set at 5:50 and 5:55 didn't go off, only the one I'd set for 6:00 went off (I like to have a few set to actually force me to get a move on with getting showered and things).

Any idea why the two night time alarms wouldn't go off but the one daytime one would? I've done a quick google and it seems that a few people have had the same problem with any 'black' times not going off. I don't use any task killer so that can't be stopping it (a cause that I saw on google).

I'm baffled

6. formicae

formicae Member

Hm, are you running anything that sets different profiles based on time of day? If not, I have no idea why the 'dark' alarms wouldn't work. Are you positive they were checked off in the list of alarms?

7. theguest13

theguest13 Member

i noticed this ages ago, but after 6pm and before 6am, the clock is black, i noticed this because i use the clock widget,

as for your alarm not working, mine doesn't work if the phone is off for some reason :thinking: (and i dont have any task killer installed before you ask)

8. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

The phone needs to be on for the alarm to function

9. admob

admob Well-Known Member

i found the built in alarm clock very hit and miss, it just sometimes didnt work, alarm clock plus from the market, is very simple and has never let me down once....

admob..

10. DZYR

DZYR Newbie

I use the stock HTC alarm which is set for 0545 every weekday morning and so far I haven't been late to work. So seems to work fine for me.

BTW it also "black" as opposed to my weekend alarm which is "white" set for 0900.

11. andyjee86

andyjee86 Lurker

I second this (no pun intended)...

The alarm went black and didn't go off..

Any ideas?

Phone was on, it was checked and activated. I can also read a 24 hour clock and know what day it is.

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews