• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alarm clock set for 2 weeks?

I have gone thru every calendar on the Play Store, and there is only one that works everytime, all the time.

Google Calendar.... when I installed and started using that one, I never missed another appointment, nor an alarm at a weird date/time no matter how far in advance I set it.

Just last Thursday, the doctor set our next visit for 4 months down the road, Dec 13th at 2:30 PM
Google Calendar took it w/o any complaint....
and it has never failed to alert me.... good thing too, that Dr. appointment last Thursday?
We had forgotten to mark it on our paper calendar, the one that is stuck to the fridge with magnets :)

Beep! Beep! hey guys, time to go see the doc... wife was very surprised, as she has to have her labs done a week before.... and I had set it for a 7 day preAlert just for that purpose. It also allows me as many preAlerts as I wish, and audible or emails...

I always put the actual appt date/time in the Title, otherwise you won't know what the alert means.

Upvote 0
I can't even get the stock Calendar to set an alarm for the day after tomorrow without making it recurring. This is the stock calendar on my Nexus 6, and I keep hoping they will give it some smarts. I used to be able to do that on my Samsung phones back in the day.

Oops, I meant that I can't get the stock CLOCK app to set an alarm for the day after tomorrow, not the Calendar. I use the calendar for appointments and such, but I expect an alarm to wake me up, so I use a louder and more obnoxious sound for it!

For example, if at 7 AM I find that I need to wake up at 8 AM the next day, I either have to wait until after 8 AM to set it once, or set a recurring alarm for the next day and remember to disable it after it goes off. Otherwise it will go off again the next week.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones