1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Alarm Constantly Being Set

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Airfluff, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Airfluff

Airfluff Member
    None

Feb 26, 2014
    Services
    Hi and thx in advance for the help. For some reason, the clock seems to continuously be set for some time in the near future (the next minute, 10 min from now, 20 min from now, or anywhere in between). The Autoalarm variables helped me to figure out that this was why my alarm icon in the status bar wasn't going away. I also used a QuickTile from another app to see when the next alarm is set for.

The weird thing is, there is no actual alarm set in the app. No alarm actually goes off either, unless I set one myself. I was once able to get rid of the icon by going into the clock app, selecting all alarms, and deleting them, but it came back (I forget when).

As for when it first started..I'm not 100% on this. I have an LG Aristo running 7.0 and I have the Taskbar app with freeform mode enabled. I also have various custom QuickTiles.
    My thoughts are that this possibly first started happening when I was trying to set an alarm for the next morning (possibly by tapping a QuickTile) and, with the clock app appearing in a freeform window, I either readjusted the size and it force closed while in the middle of setting an alarm OR I started to fall asleep while setting my alarm and the display timed out in the meantime..I haven't tried factory resetting the phone; I don't really want to. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. Airfluff

Airfluff Member
    None

Feb 26, 2014
    Services
    Just so happened to disable Tasker today and the icon disappeared. I had recently set it to always use reliable alarms..didn't know it was ACTUALLY going to be always setting an alarm...now I'm off to see what info I can find about reliable alarms in Tasker. Unless, of course, someone wants to tell me. ^_~