1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Alarm / Default Alarm

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CTS_AE, Feb 7, 2014.

1. CTS_AE

CTS_AE Newbie
    None

Dec 19, 2013
    The default alarm sound is silent on my phone, I assume this is true out of the factory for everyone.

Is there any way to fix the default sound issue?

I swear too that even setting my sounds sometimes they do not make any sound, or maybe it's because I've set two alarms close to each other and the silent one gets called after the first and then silences / overrides it. I've learned that snoozing one alarm overrides another snooze from what I believe I've seen - I used to have two snoozes going off between each other on my last phone.

But none the less the default alarm sound is silent which is an issue with things like when you use voice to say "Set alarm for 5 minutes" and then it just goes off silent because it uses the default alarm.

Advertisement

2. Mobstergunz

Mobstergunz Android Expert
    None

Sep 5, 2011
    Reading, PA
    Odd my default alarm is dawn of the jungle and its fairly loud. Are you setting your alarm while the phone is in silent mode that might be the reason.

3. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

Aug 23, 2010
    Male
    Invisible
    The warp2 has this issue as well, but it stems from the voice command "set alarm for 5 minutes". If you set an alarm manually it will go off, but if you set it with voice, it is silent by default. The answer is to use a different clock app like the one that comes in cm or one from the play store. Then voice-set alarms will sound by default.

Tags: