1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Alarm didn't go off

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Xclusive, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Xclusive

Xclusive Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Socal
    On the charger all night and this morning did not hear it at all, woke up 30mins after I set it to go off, ...
    does anyone have this issue or know why and how to get it working....it was on battery saver mode if that's the reason, I have it on the charger now and on smart mode to see if it will sound off

Advertisement

2. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    engineer
    The South
    I've never put mine on battery saver mode. But the alarm volume will mimic your ringer volume settings.

I think I have increasing volume on my alarm AND the option to sound the loud tone after a while... forget the exact settings.

I'll admit, I have the volume way down out at night, dock and sleep and I can barely hear the alarm :D

3. Xclusive

Xclusive Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Socal
    the ringtone was the default ringtone, that I could of barely heard right now... changed it to the beep beep bepp and it's louder :D not as I would like it but think it will do the job, I also have it set to loud beep after the 5mins as well.

4. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    engineer
    The South
    Although I've never used it, I wonder if LOCALE can set the volume based on location?

5. dlbrando

dlbrando Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Air Force WSO
    Pensacola
    I just cranked the alarm volume up and set it to the rooster, worked fine for me.

6. _inKredible_

_inKredible_ Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    CPhT
    Cary, NC
    Do you have a Task Killer installed? If so, that is your problem. Same thing happened to me when I had my Dinc and come to find out my task killer was killing it, therefor wasn't working.

7. Birdman2004

Birdman2004 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Application Developer - Norfolk Southern Corporati
    Georgia
    yeah task killer is probably the problem if you have one installed. i pressed the snooze button on the alarm this morning and it never came back on? It was nice to get an extra 30 minutes of sleep though :D But I would have been in trouble if I hadn't set it as early as I did. Anyone else seen this?

8. 2009m6

2009m6 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    download different ringtones, alarms and notification sounds. The stock ones are not loud at all.
    to prove my theory i started messing with some audio files and i managed to cause a major audible difference with custom files. give it a shot

9. Nicks88

Nicks88 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    CCTV operator
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX by way of Long Island, NY
    Check the settings for the alarm and ensure you have 'Alarm in slient mode' checked. Also while in settings, check your alarm volume. (Disclaimer: I don't have an X, this is how it is in my OG Droid (rooted, alarm app may be diff). Maybe they share the same options.)

10. Helicrewchief

Helicrewchief Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Blackhawk Crewchief
    North Carolina

My wife heard that this morning and said "THATS GOTTA GO!" But I can't say it didn't go off.

11. pchangover

pchangover Member

May 1, 2010
    Yeah the same thing happened to me the first day I used my X as an alarm... luckily it was a Saturday. The default alarm tone is terribly low and won't wake anyone up. I changed it and now I get up just fine.

12. FoxtrotUniform

FoxtrotUniform Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2010
    U.S. Military
    Washington State
    My friend that has an Evo had this exact problem happen. ATK will kill the alarm process. I don't use ATK myself, but I'm pretty sure you can set an exception in there for it.

Also a simple pro-tip: I'm a really heavy sleeper so I keep my phone pretty much next to my head to have any chance at hearing the alarm. I've found it helps a ton to lay the phone on it's face so the speaker isn't muffled by the sheets :D