• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Alarm is not alarming

dbernard82

Mar 11, 2010
Ok, I'm stumped. Thought i would bring my problem to the experts.

Two days in a row now my alarm (which i use to wake up every morning) isn't making sound. It is going off (flashing alarm screen) but there is no sound to the alarm.

I have checked the volume setting both in the alarm/timer app and the system setting and it doesn't seem to work.

I generally access my alarm through the Beautiful Widget home clock. I've tried accessing the alarm through that app and basic alarm/timer app and neither makes any difference.

I have discovered that i can set it to vibrate when the alarm goes off and that works, but it doesn't seem like too much to ask to have your alarm make sounds.

I have no clue how i managed to do this. I don't know if there is a setting i could have switched on/off while half asleep and trying to shut my alarm up. Any thoughts?

I don't think i was using the increasing volume option. this confused me too when i first got the phone...

The good news is i think i have it back to working normal...the bad news is i'm not really sure what i did to get it that way. My best guess it that i somehow managed to change it to not go off when in silent mode (my phone's always in silent mode...i hate actually talking to people)...i've tested a few times now and it seems to work. i guess we will see when monday morning rolls around.

Thanks for all the advice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones