1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Alarm is not alarming

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dbernard82, Jan 6, 2012.

1. dbernard82

dbernard82 Newbie
    None

Mar 11, 2010
    Ok, I'm stumped. Thought i would bring my problem to the experts.

Two days in a row now my alarm (which i use to wake up every morning) isn't making sound. It is going off (flashing alarm screen) but there is no sound to the alarm.

I have checked the volume setting both in the alarm/timer app and the system setting and it doesn't seem to work.

I generally access my alarm through the Beautiful Widget home clock. I've tried accessing the alarm through that app and basic alarm/timer app and neither makes any difference.

I have discovered that i can set it to vibrate when the alarm goes off and that works, but it doesn't seem like too much to ask to have your alarm make sounds.

I have no clue how i managed to do this. I don't know if there is a setting i could have switched on/off while half asleep and trying to shut my alarm up. Any thoughts?

Advertisement

2. amageus

amageus Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 24, 2009
    Have you tried switching the alarm ringtone from one to another and seeing if that works? Are you using the default ringtone for the alarm or something else?

3. dbernard82

dbernard82 Newbie
    None

Mar 11, 2010
    I am using the "Beep,Beep,Beep Alarm" ringtone. I tried changing it to something else and it still did not work.

4. amageus

amageus Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 24, 2009
    Are you using the "Volume: Use increasing volume" option? I had the same issue before. I never turn this option on anymore and really haven't had any issues since then.

5. dbernard82

dbernard82 Newbie
    None

Mar 11, 2010
    I don't think i was using the increasing volume option. this confused me too when i first got the phone...

The good news is i think i have it back to working normal...the bad news is i'm not really sure what i did to get it that way. My best guess it that i somehow managed to change it to not go off when in silent mode (my phone's always in silent mode...i hate actually talking to people)...i've tested a few times now and it seems to work. i guess we will see when monday morning rolls around.

Thanks for all the advice.

6. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Android Expert
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Well, that's alarming.