• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alarm is set for 2 extra days in advance. ?? not sure about this.

I am having a weird issue where i would set an alarm (in the stock htc alarm) and it tells me it's set for 2 days and xx hours and xx minutes. i want the alarm to go off at 7am. Not two days from now at 7am.:cool: am i missing something in the settings or is this a bug. when i first flashed fresh 2.1.1, it did not do this. now i can't get it to correct itself. anyone else have this issue?

(EDIT) wow, i've been messing with it and set it for 7:00 pm and it is working correctly but i set it back to go off at 7 and 8 and 9 in the AM and its set for two days in advance again. this is weird.

(FinalEdit) - Durr, i figured it out. i have to include SAT and Sun in the description. voila // I guess this could be deleted.. X)

In the older OS, I used to be able to set alarms that would just notify me through vibrating. Now, with 2.1, it looks like there has to be an audible tone associated to a set alarm. Has anyone been able to set a vibrate-only alarm with the upgrade?

Not sure if there's a better way, but this works.
Download a silent ringtone, for example:
Download Silent ringtones to your cell phone - silent ring tone - 4667022 | Zedge
and put it in a folder called "alarms" (no quotes) on your SDcard. Now select silent as your alarm and set it to vibrate.

edit: Or, couldn't you set the it to vibrate and turn the alarm volume down?

Reactions: jlee
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones