• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alarm isn't going off randomly

D

Deleted User

Hi,

I have a Galaxy Samsung S3. I installed the alarm widget which has been working great for me for the past few years! Now yesterday, it stops working randomly. I went to bed the night before last, turning off the phone then woke up yesterday morning and it wasn't going off. I tried to play with it a bit to see if it will go off at all during the day. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it'll go off 2 or 3 times in a row and sometimes it doesn't go off at all. When it doesn't go off, I look at my phone and tap on the alarm to set a new time and nothing happens.... right away. It'll take a few minutes before the alarm widget finally pops up for me. I tried rebooting, shutting down my phone and starting it back up, clearing my cache, cookies and history through internet and reboot and I tried cleaning my RAM too. I installed a virus scan and though not many files were scanned, the scanner found nothing. I don't know what else to do. The alarm widget seem to be the only problem while everything else on my phone works fine. I even uninstalled the alarm completely, making sure there were no spot of it on my phone before reinstalling it and that's not helping either. I made sure my system installed all the updates it needed and even clear cache in safe mode, I guess you would call it? You press then volume and home buttons then the power buttons at once and hit the home button once you see the Samsung logo to get there.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones