• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Alarm notifications

Since upgrading my unrooted Hero to 2.1 I have experienced the following problem:

My phone is in standby, screen blacked out, maybe lying on the desk or in my pocket. The alarm goes off because I have an appointment. Normally I would then be able to select "snooze" or deactivate the alarm. But now I have experienced again and again that just moving/picking up the phone will stop the alarm sound and apparently select "snooze", because the alarm goes off again after 5 minutes. :thinking:

This is quite frustrating, as it has happened I was talking with someone, the alarm goes off, i pick up the phone, the alarm stops, i put down the phone, 5 minutes later the alarm goes off again...

If I unlock the screen after the alarm has gone off I get no notification of the alarm, as I did before the upgrade.

Questions:
-anyone else experiencing this?
-any way to get the phone not to react to "moving"?

thanks

S.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones