1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Alarm notifications

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Clementine_3, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member Thread Starter

I have a few alarms set so the alarm clock icon is always in the right side of the notification bar. Since upgrading to KitKat I now get another alarm showing on the left, it's in the pull down as 'upcoming alarm'. I don't need both, one is plenty. Anyone notice this or have an idea about making the pull down one stop?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Advertisement

2. krouget

krouget Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 13, 2010
    Is that an expandable notification, where you can dismiss the alarm ahead of the actual event?

Though seemingly obvious, perhaps it's in the clock/alarm settings, tied to that feature. I haven't explored that yet, but it's my only guess.

Clementine_3 likes this.
  3. Clementine_3

Yeah, I checked settings, nothing there.
    No big deal really, and I suppose it is sort of handy to dismiss it early from the pull down/notifications. It's just a redundant icon cluttering stuff up when my notification/status bar is visible.

4. krouget

krouget Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 13, 2010
    I understand and agree with you. I can't stand redundant apps, much less notifications (and have been motivated to write to devs about it, with action :)).

I wouldn't doubt that you already explored there, so it's a bit interesting if the new Clock app functions like that. I will say that a new update was pushed to the factory images for 4.4, shortly after the official release. It was said to have addressed a number of bugs, but I haven't seen a change log. I wonder if this was addressed in that update, if this is the case.

I'll take a look at how the app behaves on my Nexus 10, when I get the chance. Only other thing I'd try, is uninstalling the updates (if possible), wiping data, and update the app again. Version 2.0.3 is default on the Moto X, and I think the newest is 3.0.x.

5. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    I know the answer, but I will tell you at 12:00 PM on Thursday

6. amlothi

amlothi Android Expert
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Looks like a google now notification to me. It is always reminding me of upcoming things. Try looking in google now settings?

Clementine_3 likes this.
  7. Clementine_3

I don't use Google Now, it's just a fancy new standalone feature of KitKat apparently.