• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Album / Artists Artwork Doesn't Hold In Music Player...

kblanco

Feb 2, 2015
Okay, so I'm not sure if anyone can answer this and I'm also going to ask it on the board at the site for the music player for Android, PlayerPro. But I'm curious about why this happens...

When I've had to factory reset my Android device, a first generation Moto G, it'll rebuild itself from my Google account and download most all of the apps I had before I was forced to reset. Now before performing a reset I always remove the SD card so I would assume that you just shut down your device, insert the SD card and power up again. I find that the music files are there and the pics for albums and artists for most of the songs are there but not all and I find myself downloading some pics to fill the various blank spaces. It's as if the pics aren't being saved within the songs themselves or however it tags the artwork with the song.

My music collection is managed via Itunes, a relative gave me an IPod Touch once for my birthday but I still went Android. I just happened to have had the IPod for some time before I my first Android so that's what my music is in. But all the various tracks in Itunes have their artwork. So I'm kind of perplexed and annoyed with how some of the songs drops their artwork...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones