• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Albums not showing up with OTA?

cmajpwc

Android Enthusiast
Apr 22, 2010
So, I got the update this morning :D

Everything went fine, downloaded and installed in about a half hour. I was pleasantly surprised all of my contacts showed up, all my apps were still there just like I had it when I had 1.5. Oh, and texts and recent calls still being there was another plus.

One thing doesn't seem to be working though.

My albums are gone! Well, not really. They're still on the SD card with their respective pictures in them, in the albumthumbs folder. I can't see them on the phone, though. My question is this: Does anyone else have this problem? And has anyone fixed it? I tried unmounting the card and remounting, and they still didn't show up. Is there another directory they have to be in with 2.1?

I would just like to know because, well, I like things organized. I'd rather not have pictures of my girlfriend mixed in with pictures of cars and my other friends and stuff. Like I said, I like things organized. So any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Other than this minor issue, I love 2.1 by the way. Much more of an improvement than I thought I would see, but I really am loving it so far.

Are all your pictures in the DCIM>100media folder?

Yeah, I tired that. They show up there, and they show up on my phone when they are in that folder. But, with 1.5 I was able to create albums to organize picture in the albumthumbs folder. Now, it's like that folder is insignificant and the phone can't recognize the albums/pictures in there.

Upvote 0
did it sit there and spin the accessing SD card? Mine did that and got stuck, I figure it was taking a long time to build the thumbnails (755 pics). But it took a few times before it would start showing the albums. Just works now.

I did a wipe before and after the update, and I do not have all my pics in the dcim folder.

Upvote 0
did it sit there and spin the accessing SD card? Mine did that and got stuck, I figure it was taking a long time to build the thumbnails (755 pics). But it took a few times before it would start showing the albums. Just works now.

I did a wipe before and after the update, and I do not have all my pics in the dcim folder.

Upvote 0
I have an adapter, so the micro SD card was directly connected to my laptop. I don't have that many pictures, probably about 80 to 100. What do you mean by "it got stuck"? And also, what do you mean by it taking a few times to show it? Like copying and pasting the pictures into the albumthumbs folder?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones