1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Albums with different artists?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Android Question

None
    I have a ton of OSTs (Official Sound Tracks) mp3s, and I want to listen to them on my Galaxy S4. I want to organize the OSTs by the movie/tv show that they were in. All of the OSTs have different artists, and if I put the songs into an album it tries to put all the songs under one artist. I'm not sure if you get what I mean, but can you guys try to help please? Thanks!
    (basically trying to make an album with different artists)

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Hello. You should be able to accomplish what you want at the meta data level. Each MP3 has a hidden file called the meta data or meta tag. Your player reads that information for play information. If all of the tunes are under a show name "Oklahoma" etc as an album name, that is the way the player will see them... no matter the artists of each song sharing that LP name. You will then choose play LP's instead of artists and you should see the list of shows to play. There are many meta data editors to be had and many players allow meta data entries / edits.

Another avenue is to create playlists. You can name them whatever you care to. You can add whatever songs you want to each playlist. Then merely choose the playlist you want to listen to.

I hope this helps.