• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alcatel One Touch Evolve 5020N no incoming calls.

KikidAdamo

Lurker
Jun 29, 2014
Hello.
This is my first post here, just trying to solve this:

Well, I got my Alcatel One Touch Evolve 5020N (MetroPCS) second hand. Everything was working just fine, until 2 days ago. I can use my data, make calls, send and receive sms, but not receive incoming calls. I can see the call as "received" and not as missed, also, if I try to call my number from another phone, it rings once then sends me to my voicemail, a new incoming call is added to the phone calls list, but can't receive it.

I made a factory reset and didn't help. I'm really confused about this. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Is this a gsm or CDMA version . and you say it was a second hand phone did you do a factory data reset and call metro PCs so they can program the device to work

I tried that, and they asked me to perform a factory reset, no luck. As I said, I can make calls, use my data and everything but no incoming calls. Now I can see this phone got root. Could be that the problem?

Upvote 0
Is this a gsm or CDMA version.

MetroPCS has been GSM for a great while now. Also this series is GSM only.
Sold all over the world.
Alcatel OneTouch 5020[insertAletter] M'Pop
US versions have a locked bootloader.

but not receive incoming calls. I can see the call as "received" and not as missed, also, if I try to call my number from another phone, it rings once then sends me to my voicemail, a new incoming call is added to the phone calls list, but can't receive it.

I have two of these devices, they both have the same problem.

Both exhibit an inability to notify the user of an incoming call. You can call the devices and it will pop up on screen and promptly disappear. then actually notify you of a missed call. I've tried different Dialers, wiping the device, unrooting, etc. Nothing seems to fix it. I do believe it's a radio problem. I wonder if it would help, an EFS wipe that wouldnt hurt the device. if it exists.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones