• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Alcatel One Touch M'Pop CWM

Why cant we have a clockworkmod but this phone has one How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on the Alcatel One Touch M'Pop OT-5020x | TheUnlockr ? This phone is pretty much the same even looks the same as our phone the Alcatel One Touch Evolve with the same system on chip and same specs.

I don't know; try it out and let us know how it goes. There'll still be the issue of a locked bootloader. Without unlocking it there won't be a custom kernel. Everything will have to have the stock kernel. Also, has Alcatel released the source code so that ROMs can be created? Things to think about.

Upvote 0
I don't know; try it out and let us know how it goes. There'll still be the issue of a locked bootloader. Without unlocking it there won't be a custom kernel. Everything will have to have the stock kernel. Also, has Alcatel released the source code so that ROMs can be created? Things to think about.

Well now I'm just saying. Someone has already reported that they bricked their Evolve trying to install cwm with the method for that phone, but I'm trying to see if someone can port it for our device. I do know that the Bootloader is locked and unlocking it will be the key to mostly everything to do with modding and tweaking this phone but I have saw the topic with you and the other person in the unloved devices section and I do know that this phone has a new type of bootloader.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones