• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alcatel OneTouch Evolve Is OUT!!!!

Maybe they put it on the web by mistake, clicking it does not show it.
We're sorry, but no search results were found for what you're looking for
Doing a search on their site for it does not show anything either.

Search results found for: Alcatel ONETOUCH Evolve
FAQ : Alcatel 768
Download User Guide

Upvote 0
I got the ones I ordered, yesterday. Powered them up to make sure all was ok. They seemed to be responsive enough. They have a nice feel, also. The back had a soft touch rather than a hard slick plastic. I'm not too enamored of the ui that Alcatel put over the Jelly Bean, but that's ok, like I mentioned in my previous post, they were purchased for my children to play with and won't be activated. Oh, there also isn't a flash for the camera.

Personally, I wouldn't want it for my daily use as a phone. I think it'll be great for my children to play games, music, etc over my home Wi-Fi.

Upvote 0
its basically an LG connect with jellybean and some $300 less.

a decent enough phone for someone wanting to make phone calls, check their email, and do some light web surfing. not sure it will serve well as an entertainment center.

Surely you jest ;) The Connect has twice the CPU and twice the RAM

According to phonearena this Alcatel DEvolve has 512MB(!) RAM and a single 1GHz CPU. I've thrown away working tablets and phones with better specs than that :rofl: But I guess you can't argue with that price, eh?

Upvote 0
Nevertheless jellybean beats the crap out of gingerbread and despite being single core the chipset is going to be more up to date than what was in the connect which will even things out.

Clearly this isn't going to be a premier device but honestly neither was the connect when it came out for some $350. It's a great option for people who want something dirt cheap to do basic things.

Upvote 0
Nevertheless jellybean beats the crap out of gingerbread and despite being single core the chipset is going to be more up to date than what was in the connect which will even things out.

Clearly this isn't going to be a premier device but honestly neither was the connect when it came out for some $350. It's a great option for people who want something dirt cheap to do basic things.

LOL true. I'm using the Valiant right now; even with the shortchanged RAM it runs better than the Connect and the Premia I just retired, with a 1GHz CPU. Connect has a 1.2 and Premia has 1.5 ** So, I guess it's all on how it's built and what's running it :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones