• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alcatel OT 995 hangs

Hi all,

Just bought an Alcatel One Touch 995. The main problem I have is that the phone seems very slow and at times unresponsive. For an 1,4 GHz CPU and 1 GB internal storage this can't be the expected performance.

The phone randomly hangs, especially when using an app like winamp or dropbox. I suspect it could be a problem with a slow microSD card. The issue seems to happen more frequently when I insert a 16 gig card instead of a 4 gig. As for apps, i mainly use remember the milk, dropbox and evernote. I don't have any other heavy apps running whatsoever.

Can you guys help me speed up my droid device please?
Is there any way to speed up performance of the microSD card, besides formatting it and making sure there is like 15-20% space free on it?

Kind regards,

Reaveroriginal

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones