1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Alcatel unlock please?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Android Question

None
    Hi, I have a pixi 3 Alcatel touch handset. Its locked to optus. I'm tryin to unlock it cause I have a boost sim card I'd like to use. I've been using a amaysim card with out issue. Firstly, how do I find the sim cards Imei number an secondly how do I unlock this phone to suit...? Thanks for your time.

Dylan.

Advertisement

2. Pugs1957

Pugs1957 Guest
    None
    Your device has an IMEI number, not the sim card. To find this number use your dialler *#06# You will need this data for unlocking. To sim unlock your device there are many services available on the net, use Google

3. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    Welcome!

It's usually printed on the SIM card itself, at least here in the UK. Failing that, if you give the host network the phone number they should be able to tell you the IEMI it's registered to.

Contact Optus and request an unlock code.

SIM cards have a similar unique identifying number though, which is sometimes also called an IEMI rather than the more correct ESN.

4. Phalon4

Phalon4 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 18, 2016
    On the Alcatel One Touch there is a unlock app preinstalled with the phone. Look on your home screen and click that app requesting to unlock your phone. If you had the phone for more than 30 days the request should go through with no problem. That App is put there to keep customers from jumping from carrier to carrier as soon as they buy a new phone and get a better deal from a different carrier.