1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

aldiko import process?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by jgreetham, Jan 7, 2012.

1. jgreetham

jgreetham Well-Known Member
    None

May 3, 2010
    Does anyone know what the Aldiko import process really does? That is, does it just put a pointer in its database to the original .epub location on the SD card or does it actually copy the .epub file to its own directory structure?

I'm thinking it makes a copy because in Calibre when I connect my Vibrant to the USB, it shows (2 books) for every one I've transferred. But I can't find the 2nd copy on my SD card.

Advertisement

2. jgreetham

jgreetham Well-Known Member
    None

May 3, 2010
    I have my answer - When Calibre does the transfer it puts the book in, for example, eBooks/import/Simmons,Dan/... When I select that directory to import into Aldiko, it copies the files into eBooks/Dan Simmons/...

So once the books have been imported into Aldiko, you can delete the folders under the eBooks/import directory to eliminate the duplicate storage.

Harry2 likes this.
  3. Nicol Azul

Nicol Azul Lurker
    None

Oct 22, 2012
    Female
    Philippines
    Hi there! I really need help. I can't seem to delete duplicate books in my Aldiko. I tried doing what you said but it deletes everything including the first one i imported. Whenever i import a book, it automatically creates a different folder for each book in the SD. Every time i delete one duplicate file in my Aldiko shelf or the folder in the SD, it deletes the other. When i tried to import it again..it now shows 3 duplicates of one book. It's really driving me crazy. Please help. :'(