1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Alert Sound, But No Email

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by suzjoe, Apr 13, 2012.

1. suzjoe

suzjoe Lurker

At least two times now, I've gotten the email sound alert, however, there was not a new email anywhere. I did not set a any emails to be completely ignored so it's not I did in settings.
    thanks for any help!
    Suz

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Hello Suz and welcome to Android Forums. That's an odd one. Are you using that notification sound for any other purposes such as a weather alert/text/fb/or the like? Just thinking it might be something besides an email. In any event, for the best support and likely some great suggestions you will want to check out the area we have for discussing your phone. Not knowing which phone you have I'm leaving you a link to the list of phone areas here. Just open the link and find your phone and give it a click. You will enjoy the area beyond solving your bogus notification. Have fun and thanks for joining the community.

Android Phones - Android Forums

3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Don't be alarm..it happen to me a few times, too. :)

Hello, suzjoe.. :)

Welcome aboard. Thanks for joining the community. You will want to check in to your device's area of support - where you'll be able to find tips and info on your device.

Select it from the list here and join your device's area of support - where you'll find the other users of the same device love to hang out... and will be the best place to get device specific help.