• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alert There is Not Enough Free Memory to Download This Email

LarryAhmeen

Sep 26, 2009
Oh My...

I'm trying to receive an email using the HTC email app (not googlemail app) it's a 3.5mb .jpg image.

After the refresh circle turns for a few minutes I get the message "Alert there is not enough Free memory to download this email".

I turned the phone fully off and on again but still get the same message.

Please tell me the Hero and Android can handle this?

Please speak comfort to me...

The email never came through.

I forwarded it to another inbox I have set up on my Hero, and I had the same error message there. It's only a large jpg image, nothing difficult, I wish I knew what the issue was.

Perhaps the memory refers to RAM style memory rather than storage, and it's trying to create a thumbnail or something?

Upvote 0
The email never came through.

I forwarded it to another inbox I have set up on my Hero, and I had the same error message there. It's only a large jpg image, nothing difficult, I wish I knew what the issue was.

Perhaps the memory refers to RAM style memory rather than storage, and it's trying to create a thumbnail or something?

Maybe the email plus attachment exceeds the send limit ... and the error message doesnt clearly reflect the real reason..

Upvote 0
Hello,

Just to let you know that I got to the bottom of this. The email was in some way corrupt on the server. When I logged onto my webmail it wouldn't work there either. This has never happened to me before, so I blamed the phone, now I understand the real deal I thought I'd just come on and mention that it's all good.

Many thanks to all!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones