1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Alert tones keep changing since JB update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Shazbat, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Shazbat

Shazbat Member

Before the JB update on my S2, I had a message alert tone, a WhatsApp alert tone, a ringtone and a default notification tone - all different.

Since the JB update, despite still having all of these set, the predominant tone is the default notification; even though when I go into my message apps, the tones are still showing as set correctly. They only work again after I 're-select' them from the ringtone list.

I also seem to have 2 and 3 of each ringtone, for some reason, and I can't see/find how to delete the extra versions.

Handset: SGII
    Model No: GT-I9100P
    Android Version: 4.1.2
    Baseband: I9100PXXLS8
    Kernel: 3.0.31-1246097

Advertisement

2. Shazbat

Shazbat Member

I disabled the 'Default ringtone' (which used to indicate calendar appointments, available wifi networks, etc) and this seemed to disable ALL notifications.

I set my 'current ringtone' in my Handcent message app to what I want it to be, but when I go out of it and then go back into the settings, it has automatically switched to the 'default ringtone'. If I set the 'default ringtone' to the one I want for message alerts, I get that tone for everything. Same with my WhatsApp, I just checked it and that had also switched itself to the 'default ringtone' which is different to my preferred alert tone for that app.

It's not exactly life-threatening but very frustrating. Why could I do this before JB and not now? I can't work out whether it's a result of connecting to my PC (as happened before JB occasionally if I disconnected it phone-first, rather than PC-first)