1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Alexa, Mind Your Manners! (Please & Thank You)

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Rob, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Rob

Rob Galaxy S20 Ultra
    Administrator Thread Starter

When Alexa successfully completes a task, I often follow up by saying "Thank You". In a perfect world, Alexa would follow up with, "You're welcome!"

But she doesn't.

To my surprise I'm not the only one requesting this feature!
    https://forums.developer.amazon.com...l-me-how-to-make-alexa-say-youre-welcome.html

I would try building this feature myself but since it's part of Alexa's core code and not a separate skill it cannot be adjusted. I was hoping to create a skill called "Mind Your Manners" that would put Alexa in a "polite" mode of sorts and adjust her responses to incorporate good etiquette a la Emily Post. What a bummer.

Anyone have any ideas on how this could be achieved? Or maybe how a separate skill could approach this? Or maybe we just need to tweet incessantly to @AlexaDevs pestering them to please add this option.

Okay, okay... not pester incessantly. Ask politely over and over.

2. Milo Willamson

Milo Willamson Android Expert

Maybe I,Robot fear kicked into them.

3. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

I do that too with Google Assistant feminine voice @Rob

Amazon Assistant

Amazon Assistant Forum

com.amazon.aa

Amazon Assistant helps you make better decisions wherever you shop online by comparing products from Amazon as you shop on retailer websites. Keep an eye out for product and price comparisons that can save you time and money. * 11/9 Added support for Chrome on all Android phones and tablets with OS 6.0 or greater! Features: - Product Comparison: discover related Amazon offers as you shop on retailer websites from the following browsers: Chrome, Samsung Internet and Dolphin. - Image Search: share images of products and barcodes with the Amazon Assistant app to compare prices and check availability. You can share images from browsers, photo galleries, and other apps. - Recent Finds: launch the app to view recently matched Amazon offers. By installing you are agreeing to the Conditions of Use located at www.amazon.com/gp/BIT/TOU. This app uses Accessibility services.

READ MORE
March 12, 2020
Last Updated
Rating
10M+
Installs