1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Aliens5

Discussion in 'TV & Video' started by dontpanicbobby, Jul 26, 2016.

1. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Android Expert

Dec 31, 2011
    Male
    Boston MA USA
    Do we really need another Alien movie? They lost me at Alien3. Loved 1 & 2 though. Will Aliens5 be the charm? Neil Blomkamp (District 9, CHaPPPIE) is directing and supposedly it will ignore 3 & 4 and pickup where Aliens left off somehow.

Advertisement

mikedt likes this.
  2. LV426

LV426 I say we take off and nuke this place from orbit

Oct 16, 2015
    Male
    Software developer
    South West of England
    Do we need another Alien movie? In my view, probably not. Because successive attempts to milk the franchise have proved increasingly bad. The old formula of chest bursting, skull cracking gore has been done. We've seen it. None of the subsequent films have matched the first two for relentless suspense, and do you know why that is? Because we hardly ever saw the alien in the original film. Ridley Scott produced an absolute masterpiece. The Alien lifecycle was so original and inventive. We learned hardly anything about the species' background, but that made it all the more intriguing, mysterious, and added to the suspense.

This is why I had high hopes for the spin-off film Prometheus, and its sequel. It pursued other fresh avenues of story line. Rather than focus on the Alien, it explored where they came from, more about the background. It wasn't a bad film, and I think the director made a decent attempt to link in with the original film's story, but it raised more questions than it answered. I really hope that Mr Scott at least attempts to answer the questions in the next film. We'll see.

But if 'Alien 5' continues from where the second film ended, then it might be worth watching. Hey if it means Hicks (my avatar) gets resurrected. That can't be a bad thing!

mikedt likes this.