1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips All Access (Play Music)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by amazinghaden, Mar 29, 2014.

1. amazinghaden

amazinghaden Lurker
    None

Mar 29, 2014
    OK, so I recently purchased googles, all access feature, with unlimited music, anytime anywhere, etc.

Its a great app, except for the fact that all of the music is explicit.. I'm a 14yr old guy, so that's fine when I'm home alone, or using my headphones. But I have 7yr old siblings, two of them. If I want to play my music on a speaker, or in the car, I can't have it blaring out cusswords, that my parents, or siblings dont want to here.

But my point is, does anyone know how to make the music in "All Access" clean/edited?

Advertisement

2. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 7, 2010
    Welcome to Android Forums. Hopefully we can get this figured out for you.

I gave up All Access a few weeks ago, so I'm not sure my settings look the same as yours. In Play Music, settings, do you have "Block explicit songs in mixes" turned on?

Also, if you have all access, there should be a "block explicit songs in radio" setting. (See this post on Computerworld, item number 6...)

3. amazinghaden

amazinghaden Lurker
    None

Mar 29, 2014
    I don't have the. choice for mixes, but I have the choice for radio, I already blocked that, but the explore tab still has explicit music

4. GandalfTehGray

GandalfTehGray Android Expert
    None

Dec 19, 2010
    Texas
    Make a clean playlist would be my suggestion. Just load that up when they are listening as well.

Unforgiven likes this.
  5. doogald

None

Jan 7, 2010
    Again, I no longer have all access, so I can't tell if there is a way to block explicit songs in the explore tab. I do know that you can in radio so, for now, you can just use radio when you want it to be clean. I'll see if I can find out more.

6. doogald

None

Jan 7, 2010
    Ok, I've asked around, and there doesn't appear to be a setting to control explicit content in the Explore tab of All Access Play Music. At this point, maybe it's best to provide feedback to Google that this is a feature that you need, and why. The best way I have seen to do that is through this contact form: https://support.google.com/googleplay/?rd=1#contact=1

It will walk you through some questions, not give you much help at all, but there is a "call us" button at the bottom. Maybe calling to leave feedback is the best way? Good luck...

7. Dmark

Dmark Member
    None

Apr 13, 2010
    Agreed that if you're trying to listen to random music that ventures outside of your collection, then you should use the radio feature when others are in the car.

Just use the explore tab when you're on your own.